Training course “Learning in EVS” 12.-17.11 Lithuania
“Learning in EVS”
Lithuanian, Latvian and Estonian National Agencies of Erasmus+: Youth in Action are organising the training course “Learning in EVS”. This training course is about how to support volunteers´ learning in European Voluntary Service.
- if you are not sure you understand the essence of learning in EVS…
- if you are struggling on how to bring up the topic of learning…
- if you are stuck in old systems and tools of how to support learning…
…then this training course is for you!
The aim of “Learning in EVS” training course is to improve the quality of learning support provided to EVS volunteers by increasing the competencies of the EVS accredited organizations to better plan, deliver and evaluate the learning.
After this training course participants will be able to:
- identify learning possibilities for volunteer in EVS project by understanding EVS as learning service;
- support the learning process by creating the learning possibilities and choosing fitting approach based on requirements;
- make the plan for improvement of learning support within EVS project in his/her organisation and/or reality.
Taking account above mentioned we invite you to apply to this training course if you:
- are the person who supports volunteer´s learning process in the EVS project (EVS project coordinator, mentor, tutor/supervisor etc);
- have at least one experience of supporting the volunteer´s learning process or are in the middle of your first experience;
- intend to continue working on provision of learning support to EVS volunteers;
- are able to work in English;
- are able to attend the full duration of the training course.
The training course “Learning in EVS” and its methodology are inspired by the values and principles of non-formal learning. It is based on the learning theories of Humanistic school of education and on the Youthpass process. It is very much practice oriented and gives to the participants tangible skills. This also means that the responsibility to make the training course effective is shared together with all participants. Each participant will not be only an active learner responsible for his/her own learning, but will also be encouraged to support the learning of others.
Have a look at the preliminary program of the training course!
For applying to this training course we kindly ask you to fill in the application form by 8th October the latest.
This project is financed by the Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme. Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs involved in this project – except a participation fee which varies from country to country. Please contact your Erasmus+: Youth in Action NA to learn more about the financial details, and how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.