Call for Two Youth Trainers for the EuroPeers International Annual Network meeting in Latvia 2023
Event Date: 21.09.-24.09.2023 (Trainers required in presence from 20/09/23)
Application deadline: 28.05.2023
EuroPeers International is looking for Two Youth Trainers
EuroPeers International is a peer-to-peer driven European Network that encourages young people passionate about EU youth mobility projects to share their experiences with other young people within the target group (18-35). EuroPeers have often participated in Erasmus+ non-formal education projects such as youth exchanges or European Solidarity Corps (ESC).
Annual Network Meeting
Since 2015, EuroPeers have met at the Annual Network Meeting (ANM). The international event is without a doubt, the most important and exciting annual EuroPeers event. In September 2022, the Latvian NA plans to host 60 young people from across our 13 EuroPeers+ Partner countries. A Coordinator from each National Agency will also be invited to attend.
We are looking for two youth trainers that should provide assistance to the Senior Trainer and provide insights on the design of the entire programme. Joining you will be two Professional Trainers, who are contracted to support and guide you in your Youth Training role. It is not required to have any previous facilitation or Training experience as this is an opportunity to learn and gain professional experience. The Senior Trainers will guide you to take on co-responsibility for the Training consultation, event programme, hosting of the meeting and central coordination in-line with our objective to empower youth and provide development opportunities. The majority of this workload will lie with the Senior Trainers and you will be there to provide suggestions and support. You will however, be helping to host and facilitate during the entire event.
EuroPeers+ National Agency Partners rotate the responsibility to host this meeting. In 2023, the Latvian National Agency will be hosting the meeting. However, as an organizing partner and the host Agency for International Coordination, the Estonian National Agency will be contracting all the Trainers for the international event.
- Design a programme for the ANM 2023 in Latvia, taking into regard the needs of participants (according to the registration form) and using methods relevant to the target group together with the training team.
- Support Senior Trainers in their role on tasks necessary to ensure the success of the event. Report to the Senior Trainer on your progress and work together as a team.
- Using your personal experience, offer contributions on ensuring activities are suitable for young people and engage the target group. You know your peers!
- When priorities are co-decided, create a structured programme for each day reflecting the identified priorities.
- Work with the Core Team to include experts where necessary
- Make sure ALL activities are accessible, meaning the entire program is designed for all participants independently of physical abilities. No alternative activities should be planned. The entire Annual Network
- Meeting has to be inclusive and accessible for all participants and their needs.
- Provide materials to assist the learning of participants, ensuring that the learning process will be sustainable after the ANM.
- Share the role of “host” with the Senior Trainers, ensuring that the themes of the ANM flow throughout the event and that there is a clear objective to every event.
- Produce event report together with the core trainer, following the activities and an evaluation of the entire meeting.
- Take part in the obligatory preparation meetings with the prep-team and host organization.
Your Future Prep Team Colleagues
Agnese Cikule – Europeers Latvia, representing the host NA
Marie Heimburg – EuroPeers International Network Coordinator/ Estonian NA
Representatives of other National Agencies in the network
NO Previous Experience is required.
The only essential requirements are that you are a trained EuroPeer – this means you have completed a EuroPeers Training on a domestic or international level and that you are aged between 18-35. It is beneficial to have some prior knowledge of non-formal education methods, possibly from participating in ESC or other Erasmus+ projects.
This is a paid learning opportunity offered in line with EuroPeers International values, supporting youth self-development. Therefore, no previous experience is required as a Trainer. Rather, you should demonstrate in your typeform answers:
- What does being a EuroPeer mean to you?
- How will this Training opportunity help you to achieve future aims?
- What ideas would you like to bring to the EuroPeers ANM?
- What should we take into account to make sure sessions are engaging for fellow young people?
- What do you seek to gain from this role?
Youth Trainers will be paid a total fee of 2.000 – 2.500 EUR for 8-10 days work at a rate of 250 EUR per day. VAT will be paid additionally by Estonian Agency for Erasmus+ and European Solidarity Corps. This fee accounts for:
- Your own preparation time in the months leading up to the event in supporting the Senior Trainers
Attendance in Team meetings
- Full three-day event, plus one day before prep with the team and one day after for evaluation.
All food & board and associated travel costs will be covered (in the event we can attend in-person).
- Please fill in the Typeform to apply. The questions in the form ask to specify your motivation and experience, please take them seriously: https://form.typeform.com/to/pvoWdIwo
- Please attach your CV highlighting relevant experiences to the position.
- If you are successful, you will be invited to a short Interview.
- Your application will be assessed by the Core Prep Team.
Assessment of the application
Your application will be assessed based on your answers submitted to the questions in the typeform and your motivation, based on the following point system (max. 70 points):
- Familiarity with the EuroPeers project and network structures (1-10 points)
- Motivation and interest in developing trainer skills (1-10 points)
- Experience in non-formal education (1-10 points)
- Previous experience working with young people (1-10 points)
- Basic knowledge of the EU youth programmes (Erasmus+ youth, European Solidarity Corps) (1-10 points)
- English language skills (1-10 points)
- Ideas for the Annual Network Meeting (1–10 points, based on how realistic and in line the idea are with the purpose of the event)
The application deadline is 28th May 2023 at 17:00hr CET. The first introductory & prep meeting will take place during June 2023.
For more information and questions please contact the EuroPeers network coordinator:
email@example.com // (+372) 56725168